Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Dr. Martens: The Sale Sucked

I was beyond excited for the Dr. Martens warehouse sale last weekend. Unfortunately it did not live up to the hype.

 We got to Shoreditch at around 11 in the morning and the que was already MASSIVE. There were hundreds of people snaking round 3 corners but we were still pretty hopeful that the que would move fast. It was a beautiful sunny day so we didn’t mind the though of a little bit of waiting around. An hour later and we still hadn’t even reached the corner of the building we were at. We were told that it was a four-hour wait from where we were to the entrance and I have to say I seriously though about giving up. The love for docs drove me to que for 5 hours (in the shade may I add so it was freezing). As I finally saw the entrance I really did almost have an aneurysm.

We bounded up the stairs, re-fuelled with excitement, to be met with this:




The place looked like a bomb had hit it. People were picking up boxes and tossing them and their contents to the other side of the room. It was a shocking sight. There were no classics left, only last season’s stock. There were hardly any of the smaller sizes and almost always only one of the shoes you wanted. A massive disappointment.

There was no way I was going to have qued for 5 hours to leave with nothing so I bought a pair of heeled black boots. They really aren’t my cup of tea though so I may sell them on.

I almost with I had not bothered but I know that if I hadn’t, I would always have wondered what could have been. You live and you learn I suppose.

Velvet x

6 comments:

  1. Haha, damnit! That's happened to us before too. It was definitely worth a trip, you just never know! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would of felt the exact same. That wait must of been ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great event to be a part of anyway :)Such a nice blog u got here!

    Im officially ur newest follower, it would be nice if u could check out my blog! xx



    http://n-twicfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog! (;
    Maybe u wanna follow each other?
    If u wanna, let me know. ♥

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome post :)
    I love it!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love there to be sales like that around here but the disorganisation would drive me crazy! xxx

    ReplyDelete